neil79uk

Not sure why it's doing it but Adobe Photoshop is making not only the colours look wrong but the sharpness as well. Now I save the Photomatix shot which is nice and sharp with good colours as a tif. Open the tif in adobe and it looks completely different. If I use Topaz Labs filter in Adobe, which opens a seperate window, it's the same colour as the Photomatix one.

I've set the Cache level to 1 and still no change.

deleted_user_

Did you check the color stettings ? "Caps Lock + Ctrl + K"
Or when you open you .tif go to Edit > Assign Profile > sRGB to see if it does the trick. If not you could try to reset PS setting : "Double click the Adobe Photoshop icon to start Adobe Photoshop and then immediately hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) to reset the default settings."

neil79uk

No change :(

The Photomatix image has a yellow hue and the adobe photoshop has a purple one, i'm working in SRGB and both pictures have a profile of SRGB.

neil79uk

Also IRFANVIEW also shows the image as a purple hue, not sure what's going on with Photomatix!

It should be the same :(

neil79uk

Sorry to reply again (spamming), but I have a comparison to prove what's going on...

On the left ( what the colour shows up as in Adobe Bridge/Windows/IrfanView/Adobe Photoshop)
On the right ( What the FINAL processed image shows up in Photomatix Pro, not Preview! )

http://s23.postimg.org/94hfv6kcb/Clipboard04.jpg

Here's another and not related to photomatix :(

This time Adobe is on the left / Adobe Plugin Color Efex on the right

Note the left is standard and on the right has a yellow hue!

http://s23.postimg.org/fv3fl3urf/Clipboard03.jpg

deleted_user_

Well that´s pretty anoying. I assume you process TIF files with Photomatix ?

neil79uk

Always, but nobody has found the cause yet and not good when u want that perfect final shot if it's so different every time :(

bjosted

Always check your white balance before merging in photomatix. Always open .tiff in Adobe raw converter when you start photoshop. ALWAYS. It is ( I think ) the white balance wich couse the trouble. If you shot in RAW, use the auto white balance in your camera. You might also calibrate you monitor.

neil79uk

White balance isn't making a difference here nor is calibration, different softwares are showing different HUE's. Can't really do much now till this is sorted.

The source of the issue comes down to Photomatix as that's what processes it into the final TIF. But it doesn't make sense why a plugin in adobe shows a yellow hue while adobe/windows shows a purple one

bjosted

Hm, I cant figur out what this can be. Never been a problem for me. Have you tried to use Photomatix as a stand alone program, and save as tiff, before you open PS, and then open after loading PS. (Not right click the image and chose open in comand)

But, when I think a bit, I HAVE experience the same problem, with my Canon SX50HS in Photomatix 4,2. But that is because it dos not have the RAW format for this camera, and PS5 dosnt have it eighter. . But as I can se by your recent postings you use a Canon 400D , and I also have used that one and no problem. I would appreciate to tell us if you solve the problem, it can be usefull for the rest of the members .

neil79uk

Photomatix - Save As 8BIT/16BIT TIF - Load Adobe Photoshop - Open TIF File = Wrong Colour.

Thanks for your help btw :)

deleted_user_

From Photomatix´s FAQ :

How does your software handle color profiles?

Photomatix processes the RGB values of your source images directly, without converting them to another color space. This means that the resulting images produced by Photomatix will be in the same color space as the one specified by the ICC color profile of your source images.
When a color profile for the source images is available, Photomatix embeds it into the resulting tone mapped or combined image.
Please note, though, that in the case of a tone mapped image, the color profile can only be passed through if the Generate HDR and Tone Mapping steps are done in the same session. If you have first saved the HDR image file, then the ICC profile information will be lost and the Tone Mapping step won't know the color profile anymore. This means that you will have to assign the color profile of the original source images to the tone mapped image yourself.
However, since version 3.0, Photomatix Pro saves the name of the color profile in the header of the HDR image file when this is saved as Radiance (.hdr extension). This means you will not have to re-assign the color profile, provided the HDR image file has been saved as Radiance and the color profile is either sRGB, Adobe RGB or ProPhoto RGB.
Additionally, Photomatix Pro is color managed for the display as well. This means it will show the correct color values based on the ICC profile of the image and the color profile set as display profile for your monitor.
On Mac OS X, the display profile is set under System Preferences->Displays->Color.
On Windows, it is under Settings->Control Panel->Display->Settings->Advanced->Color Management.

neil79uk

Fixed it by reading this!
http://www.elementsvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43394

Though I had not read diouude's post until now :)

My monitor was calbirated correctly with a calibrated profile, however this profile differs vastly from Photomatix's SRGB!

So

Photomatix Pro = WB(AS SHOT), sRGB
Monitor Colour Management = sRGB IEC61966-2.1 (DEFAULT)
Adobe Photoshop = Monitor RGB - sRGB IEC61966-2.1

So basically it came down to two things, photomatix pro's SRGB setting and my Monitor needing to be on sRGB and not a calibrated profile.

Woohoo, thanks everyone :)

deleted_user_

Glad you fixed it :-)