pixel_komando

Is it a new sport? Everybodu has the opportunity to leave a comment and it's a cool thing. Why so many silent votes???

jphoto

Couldn't agree with you more Vince. People love to play games! I have always been against this practise..seems like nothing will ever be done about it.

flipd1

Can anyone shed some light on who the low silent voter is. And don't give me that load of crap that it shouldn't matter and you din't notice it if it was a higher number. Silent voting should be changed across the board.... PERIOD. I don't care if they are voting a 10 or a 1. It's sill that they feel they need to hide. They wouldn't have as much bravado if they couldn't hide under the silent vote.

darrellburnett

I agree with everyone and I just don't see why the facility to silent vote even exists. I know some people say they sometimes silent vote if they are pressed for time, but really, it takes a second at most to type one or two digits in the comment, and they can always come back and add an actual comment later when they do have more time.

inkslinger

Silent votes are OK in my eyes, as its all about scores for POTD, more 10's the better the chance.....
Comments don't get you POTD.....I can see who is posting silent votes & it's usually the same 3/4 members.

Some of these members have been on here for years & silent vote 8 out of 10 times.....

Now what IS more important are 'Multiple' Accounts !!!!! NOW WHO has multiple accounts ?????

darrellburnett

Well it's not me Graham. OK, so I may be receiving treatment for Multiple Personality Disorder, but none of the others are interested in photography, and Napoleon absolutely hates HDR.

Besides, come to think of it, I've never seen you and Phil in the same room at the same time.

flipd1

Graham I agree with you somewhat. The problem becomes when someone hides behind a low ball score with the e silent vote. Also, one of the elements of this site is supposed to be the critique. Of course this has lost it's values over the past few months. I also agree with you 100% on multiple accounts. Unfortunately our boy Billy is one of the biggest abusers of the multiple accounts and wreaks havoc whenever he is on. It's pretty discouraging to say the least. vote

I visit a lot of sites and not one that I can think of allows a silent vote that I am aware of. Even if it just registers the name that would be better than hiding behind a lower than normal vote.

Have a good one.

jphoto

Like I said, silent votes should be banned and as for multiple accounts, well that just takes the cake and is deceitful.

flipd1

Case and point today. I have 2 10's on my image that are seen and I can only assume based on the math that there is a 7 there as well that is not seen. THAT to me is a lower than normal score and someone is just lowballing and hiding.

flipd1

I sent this to Carlo:

Hello Carlo, you need to consider getting rid of the ability for the silent vote. There really is no reason for it. Plus is causing people to "hid" behind low scores. You can make it so even if they don't want to comment at lest it puts their name there. I visit other sites and NONE of them have a silent vote system. I am sure that this can be accomplished fairly easily.

Thanks,

Phil

inkslinger

Dont get 'in the same room' Darrell. ...i

flipd1

This is a close as Graham and I get to being in the same room Darrell.... LOL

darrellburnett

Sorry Graham, it's something people say (at least thought they did) when they suspect two people are the one and the same. I should perhaps have added a smiley just in case anyone thought I was seriously implying Phil and Graham were the same person using multiple accounts. I wasn't, and besides, it would do my head in trying to figure out which one of you was the fictional one :-)

inkslinger

No Problem Darrell, Phil & I have different opinions about certain issues & it often appears we are winding each other up but we are not. We both speak our minds & if I was to walk into a room/bar & Phil was there it would give me great pleasure to buy him a drink & sit & have a long chat....That also goes for all I know on Hdrcreme......

inkslinger

Now going back on my statement a couple of days ago......I have learnt that possibly a member has at least 2 accounts. I was tipped off to look at the info on a members pics & low & behold after down loading some of these images the info is of another member copyright/artist etc.....

I also believe Carlo is aware of this issue, I am not prepared to name anyone at this stage but I have been informed the I.P. Address is the same.....

The 2nd account from what I can see 'Silently votes for the original copyright owner/artist posts........

If Carlo finds this to be true then I feel that both profiles should be banned & the I.P. Address.....

Personally I can't understand what makes people do this sort of thing they don't get any more for it.....

Respect....that's all I ask for all & from all.....

flipd1

Who are the silent voters Graham???

darrellburnett

OK, I've had not one, not two (I'll just cut to the chase) THREE silent votes on my picture today. Is this a record? Do I receive some sort of accolade or prize?

grahamg

New boy here. Do silent votes count towards the top prize because if they do please get all your family and friends to silently vote on my pictures. I will be eternally grateful and will respect your anonymity.

pixel_komando

Just wanna be honest... I've made another account when we were fighting agaisnt billyspad. I've always had bad votes from BS when i was posting. Then i've decided to create another account and post photos ( really the same process ). Guess what, good votes from the *A**H***... Now he left and everybody's happy.

But the problem isn't there... The other account has never been deleted and i wasn't keeping it in mind. I think the biggest problem with this other account is that my GF was having the codes and was often giving me good scores ( and sometimes to others as she said to me ). It seems to be a good intention but well, i must admit it's not fair at all. Maybe this account has helped me to be potd, i haven't check.

I really apologize for that, really. I've sent a mail to Carlo to ask him delete the other one. And i really hope you all won't send me to hell for that!

Vince