rrr

Hi I have enjoyed my time with images on this site, both posting and voting. There are some great characters here and some excellent images but I think the time has come to stop contributing.

The reality is I don't think every image deserves a ten vote, which you may have noticed, just lately I give all nines except for the one which I think is image of the day, and give said pic a ten.

My time on here has been good and as I said there have been some great characters and photographers who have sadly now left such as Ricardo, Pandarino, Karl Oparka (who by the way I thought was the best landscape photographer on here by a mile)to name but a few. Anyway thanks for the friendship and advice given and shown.

Ron.

sanz3jo

Agree with you something is not right about the system, many valuable members have left: Ricardo, dirk, cloudberry, ruhri, mith19, arnie58, karl, pandarino, arthakker, iciworm, cocomoni, junglejennife. some of them return briefly, but do not participate with the same intensity as before. In my case I am waiting for some change that where announced about the voting system but nothing happened, for now I only vote and do not post, the site need more attention, this is my thinking.

sanz3jo

Something that really worries me is that in my early days here the amount of images uploaded per day were about 15-30; today rarely reaches 10 per day.

pixel_komando

Totally agree with both of you... I really hope to meet you on other websites Ron!

flipd1

I have not been participating as regular as I used to. Some people have sucked the life out of this site and leave me no enthusiasm to post like I used to. It's pretty sad that a few or one bad apple can spoil a good thing. I still remember people like pecoreproduction, kajzu, susank, mirkkis74 and solapi who were great contributors to the site. I have learned a lot from those people including you Ron.

At one time I was excited about posting here and to discuss various things but sadly that is no more.

I will still post from time to time just to keep me motivated to hone my craft but will most likely post elsewhere more often than here.

MY OPINION: In MY opinion I don't think it's the voting system that is flawed, I think it's certain people and the way that they vote or lack there of. Unfortunately some people are only looking out for themselves and can not be impartial. I have probably been one of those people at one time or another.

jphoto

Sad to see you go Ron. You will be missed. I for one agree with your comments. It's been a bone of contention since I first came here...especial lthe silent voting, it sucks! Anyway a sad farewell to you and hope you have pleasant takings elsewhere. Take care friend.

degsy

I don't come on here often anymore but still like to look at the images that are posted. However after looking today most of the comments are little hissy fits between certain posters.
I am not surprised members are leaving looking at the juvenile postings. The whole voting system is poisoning this site and needs scrapping.
There are forums where you just get honest C&C without the childish rantings seen here.