Pages:
flipd1

Well, I won POTD today but was the only one who had an image. At the beginning there were 2 images, one from me and one from ksaul. For some reason ksaul deleted his image leaving one image.

Since I am not really in it anymore for POTD and couldn't care less I deleted the one and only image vacating the POTD. So for the record, TODAY there is NO record of POTD for today February 28th 2015.

There have been some sad days in HDR Creme, but this one ranks up there with the saddest. This site has been abandoned by most people including the administrator Carlo.

Someone please put the sign on the door stating - SITE CLOSED FOR LACK OF INTEREST!

Thanks for your support

Phil

bjosted

Sad day for HDR Creme,

Randall.Lohr

We all knew this would one day happen. How such a vibrant and diverse community of shared interest has devolved into a rotting corpse of bitter fighting and revenge is well documented. Lack of administration has killed the site. Not rogue members, but abandonment of the site by the father of this site. We are orphans, abandoned in a room of bullies by an unconcerned parent.

myliwg01

I agree with Randall,Carlo does not seem to want to change things

sanz3jo

Agree with others comments, just a simple task like add a camera to the menu has not been done, just to name a simple fact. Also think that some users have contributed to this with their behavior, really sad.

inkslinger

Have to agree it is sad to see this site like this. Also don't know if it will recover from all that's happened over the last 18 months....

digicam

Totally agree with Randall and Phil.

Phil made a Great Statement to the Owners and Operators of this site a few days ago when his image was the only one posted and later deleted it making for NO POTD by anyone.

Then a day later opens up this Topic with another Great move by stating above,...."Someone please put the sign on the door stating – SITE CLOSED FOR LACK OF INTEREST!"

The site will NEVER EVER change until members make a stand and stick with it.

Which will it be? All or Nothing! You can not say You Hate Apple Pie and Eat the Whole Damn Thing....see my point.

flipd1

Ed, as I explained to you in an instant message I only posted today so that Vince wouldn't be in the same predicament that I was in. So please don't try to paint me as some POTD hungry guy. Because I am NOT. At this point any POTD would be a hollow victory at best.

With that said, I will delete today's image, which by the way is currently has more votes than Vince's. So, I assume Ed with your above statement that you will no longer post you work to this site? If that's the case then I invite everyone else to follow suite and no longer support this site with any images at all or comments or votes.

DEAL???

bjosted

I will not vote or post anything until a coment/statement from Carlo .

inkslinger

I can see all arguments/opinions here but have to lean towards Ed's more. No disrespect to Phil or any one else. Alas if you are the only image posted 'You do not *WIN POTD*'....*You can't compete against yourself*.....What I miss most from this site is the help provided from the established members in their critique of images, especially to the less experienced Hdr members...as I was & still am to a certain degree....

Alas I don't think that will return or very unlikely it will...I will always support HdrCreme & those who post their images when it returns to it's relaxed happy state it was a year+ ago.....

Respect & Regards to ALL...

Graham (inkslinger)

bjosted

I hope the glory-time will return.

pixel_komando

I'm working on my own HDR website for a year now... Just an information :)

PS: i deleted my image of today

Sad
Sad
Sad

flipd1

@Geraham (Inskslinger), I am not sure if you saw KSauls image or not, but for the majority of the posting day he had his image up and then deleted it. Honestly I had not even noticed that he had deleted it leaving mine as the only image until about an hour after the time had ended. So, once I saw mine was the only one there then I deleted. I DID see your message on my image, but I would have deleted it anyway.

Anyway, let's all band together in unity and agree to not post until we see something turn around. I have ZERO expectation that will actually happen.

digicam

I know not everyone reads the Forum and there will be those members who only post on occasion just now and then.

But if all members who care about the site stick together then there will either have to be change made by the administration here or the Site will Truly Die altogether.

A fairly New Member, "dzevchek" real name Don had posted an image today after Phil and Vince had deleted theirs. I directed Don to the forum to read this Topic. shortly afterwards he deleted his image and even asked me how to remove his account. That alone tells the story in itself.

So next time you see another member post an image please direct them as I did to the forum so they could perhaps help to make a change as well by NOT posting anything here again until the members here are heard from and change is made for the better.

This site has lost many Great Photographers due to Bad Members and the concept of how the site operates. Bad members must go once and for all and the Concept must be changed.

If nothing changes then it's a Clear Sign from the Administration that they do not care about the site any longer.

Best Regards to all my Friends here at the Crème.

josephc

Agree withl the comments. i will also not be posting any images. it is very sad how the site has deteriorated. In my view any plan for viability of the site also has to address some type of reform/s of the current voting system.

Joe

billkeane

Truth is, I post when I can. I use HDR occasionally, thus my posts tend to run in fits and starts. My last generated 1 comment/vote.

The childish nature of some posts here is pretty glaring, especially when seeing how other forums are moderated.

Too bad really, especially when considering the presence of some truly fine work.

Perhaps removing the voting system might help, or more aggressive moderation?

zhaojisheng

Sorry for what have done tonigt! But i really don`t know why we have to do like that? Sorry again!

cloudberry

Yuppers, it is no secret the web admin. does not care much about this. I too have written him before about a need to update the site. This site still has great potential but it is being squandered. It is sad to see how many members are got fed up with the way this site is managed. One indication is the increasingly shrinking number of paying members. Most people prefer the One shot a day upload and it makes sense. There is really no need to pay into this site. It is not worth it. What happened to Ricardo? He gave me lots of HDR tips on and offline and he was a paying member. Hope you are well my friend if you read this. Perhaps a solution likes in members exploring pooling resources and creating our OWN site. Perhaps one of the members is proficient in CSS and HTML 5 and other web and IT skills ? Wish I did, but as far as IT my forte is Networks. A reasonable analysis and I would be in. Would be great to emulate the good things on this website and add and remove things people want. Could be done. Maybe even a college student looking desperately to build an actual work portfolio of web sites built. Many advertise on craigslist even. Any members here have talent in web building ? Best wishes to all and I hope Carlo reads some of this forums comments.

fredzhang

Its the time to make some change now!

Randall.Lohr

Contacting site builders. Hopefully the framework of Creme is still upgradeable.It's easily downloadable. I'll post once I see if it's a viable framework or if it needs a clean slate, I'm wanting to build a familiar design with new voting options based on most common criteria that will determine the final vote. Not just a general score with one comment. Also want to allow replies to comments on their own string rather than fights that take over the voting pages which appear as new votes. Group Admin Privileges that rotate.. a vote out option that kicks out unruly members if the count against them gets too high... Thoughts??

Pages: