Pages:
grahamg

There are 20 or so people now who have added to this thread and 3 of them talk of starting a new site, the last one looking to hijack some of the code written for this site. Forgive me Randall Lohr if I misundrstood your intentions. Offering to buy Creme from the present owner seems fairer in my eyes and then changing it to suit.
Have the members given the present admin time to revamp this site? The cry seems to be for change but without a clear and uniform idea of what is wanted.
If I was the administrator here I would possibly be a little upset at the open planning to start new sites to compete with this one and would be waiting for a clear concise idea and expected time scale for a move forward. Surely the guy who owns and runs this deserves a little loyalty.
Having religously gone through all the forum posts the argument allways comes back to the voting system. you have to ask the question does a site need votes or would critique and comment only work and are people naive enough to believe that the same problems will not occur if voting is left in members hands. Humans are what they are and some are biased and inclined to nastiness at times. Thats reality.

flipd1

Hey grahamg - first it sounds like as per usual you are trying to stir up trouble. Typical behavior from you.

Second - As to your question of have we given the present admin time to revamp this site? The answer to that is yes, it has been well over a year since the admin has said that changes were coming. It does not take more than a couple of weeks to implement any changes that would need to be made. Many members have made several suggestions as to the type of changes that would like to be seen. The current administrator has been given "loyalty" but has chosen not to listen to the loyal members.

As far as the voting system, no one denies that it needs some tweaking. My contention has been that some people object to the description of "Perfect" in the 10 slot. Changing the wording could go a long way in changing the perception of some people.

This site worked really well for the first 3 1/2 years or so with well over 20 to 30 people posting per day. So, in my opinion the voting system can remain similar with a few minor tweaks. If one doesn't like the idea of a "Picture of the Day" the they don't have to post here or on any other site that might be birthed with a voting system. There is noting wrong with a little healthy competition. Yes there is always human nature and humans have their biases. That's what makes us different and individual. That doesn't make it wrong.

carlo

Hello everybody,

I'm really sorry, guys, but I've had very busy months due to big changes in my life: I moved to a different country, changed my job, basically I changed my life.
This is just a personal note, but as I have a lot of friends in this website, I think it was necessary to start my reply in this way. You all perfectly know that also this situation with HDRcreme is very personal to me.

Anyway, for the ones who don't know me, I will immediately go straight to the point.
HDRcreme is a community, and as a community it is not built by an admin - but by its users. It was thought as a place where to share and enjoy beautiful photos from people all around the globe. This also means that users decide the success or the failure, as in this case, of a website.
Unfortunately, I had to deal with many users during the last years that put competition above enjoyment. POTD for someone became a real obsession.

There are many other alternatives today, many more will come of course. And I have many responsibilities for taking so long to release the update.

What I needed was support, as I'm personally paying the server expenses every month - certainly not users stating "DO NOT POST" or "THE WEBSITE IS DEAD". As I said before, users have the power here - not me.

I will not beg you to keep posting or support me while completing the next release. In the next few days, I will decide if shutting down the website or continuing with a personal investment - as sponsors will soon no more support me without any interaction from the website.

In this case, I will hopefully send everyone an email stating when the new website will be available, and if still interested, you will be always very welcome here.

Carlo

digicam

Thanks for the reply Carlo. Look forward to hearing what you have to say regarding changes.....Much Appreciated!

digi

bjosted

Thanks a lot for the reply Carlo,Much appreciated

bjosted

I that so many as possible pay for "plus user" that will give Carlo the support financely to work on this site.

Randall.Lohr

Thank You Carlo. Our hope is to see a thriving CREME once again.

digicam

I hear you Bjorn. Well if financial support will help bring change for the better then I am willing to support it.....I have just taken a 3 month subscription to show my support. If changes satisfy me I will then take a 1 year Subscription.

To those who do want to see the site return to better days please try to show your support financially...at least as I did for the short term to see if it really happens.

Not a lot to loose and much to gain.

sanz3jo

I paid for a plus account for about two years renewed my account every three months, but after asking to add my camera to the list in several occasion and not being heard, Chooses not to renew.

sanz3jo

If things are going to change for the better I will support the site by renewing my account to plus but will but I'll wait to see the changes coming.

carlo

Thank you everyone for the support. Will do my best.
Carlo

flipd1

Thank you Carlo, I sincerely hope there are no hard feelings for my actions. I am just wanting the best for this site and the members who support it. I will be getting a Plus account to show my support financially.

Phil

inkslinger

Thank you Carlos for updating us on your thoughts. I will continue to support this site all the time there's a chance it will survive. I am already a 'Plus Member' & have been for years, it is one way for me to repay for what I have learnt from members on photography skills & Hdr processing.....

inkslinger _(Graham)_...

grahamg

Out of respect Admin who appears to be out of pocket running this site deserves to be given time to impliment changes.

Pages: