sanz3jo

With a tie in score and tie in number of votes how POTD is chosen?

digicam

Yes, I see your point Mario.

I see where Mitch had 17 Comments and Votes in a 24 hour period and One Silent Vote. Flipd's extra comment only counts as one Vote and Bessi's Congrat the day after does not count at all towards the Final Score as he had already voted. Then Mitch had an extra vote but on the 13th of Oct to give him a Total of 19 but only 18 Counting towards POTD.

I see where you had a Total of 18 Comments and Votes in a 24 Hour Period and One Silent Vote. But not sure when your silent came. ON the 12 or 13? If it had been on the 12th then you would have had 19 votes on the day of Posting.

It sure seems like a Tie to Me........My Best Suggestion is to Contact Carlo and ask him how ties are broken.

sanz3jo

Exactly, when there is a tie, what parameter is used to declare a winner, thats the point.

sanz3jo

I have solved (I think), if there is a tie in number of voters and score, the winnig picture should be the last one uploaded. I've been seeing results and always the last uploaded picture is placed first when ther is a tie (score and number of votes).

if someone knows something else different I will appreciate another explanation.

sanz3jo

*if someone else knows something different I will appreciate another explanation.

rrr

I think it may go on views.

sanz3jo

Look at top rated yesterday Karl-oparka and me (sanz3jo) get a tie on score and votes, (15 votes all of them 10) but Karl uploaded his work later than me. I think number of views is not because every time you look at your own photo it count no matter the number of times yo do it.

rrr

But he had more views.

rrr

I am not saying that this is how it is worked out, but, thats how it looks to me.

sanz3jo

Ok, I was thinking like you do first but no matter the number of views always the las one uploadded is first, I have seen similar cases and that's the result every time.