adrianay

Hello!

I have a slight problem...I look online and I see tutorials that show how you can make a pseudo HDR from a single raw file and they do that by going to "Automate" and then clicking "Single file conversion" that then allows them to select a box that says "Convert the raw file etc"

I do not have all that and I am wondering why? I upgraded today to the 4.2 version and in my "Automate" menu appears the option " batch bracketed files" or "batch single files" and I tried clicking the second one but I have very little options none of which allow me to convert a raw file to HDR.

Can anybody tell me what is going on? I would like to be able to do this like the others.

PS. In the tutorials I saw the users had Macs and I do to running Lion

Thank you very much for your time!
Adriana

carlo

Export your raw image with different exposures, then load them to Photomatix.

adrianay

I don't know how to create the different exposures but this is a tutorial that tells you what I am talking about in my first post. I don not have those options! Isn't Photomatix the same for everybody? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qU1PrXmd24

adrianay

OK, I read a bit online and it looks like Photomatix Pro 3 and earlier has these options, not 4 and the latest upgrades.

pandarino

with a single RAW opens in PShop and you create two more exposures with value -2 and +2. So now you get 3 shots: 0, +2, -2 Photomatix to give 3 or 4

adrianay

Can this be done only in PS ? I am not willing to spend the $$$ to get PS

carlo

Almost all photo editing software that can handle a raw image can also change exposure values. Try GIMP if you want something free.