flipd1

I have a Canon XT and have had it for year. It probably has well over 500,00 images that have been taken. It takes San Disk Extreme CF (Compact Flash) card.

I was switching out on CF for another and the next thing I know my camera showed an error that says "Error CF" To the best of my knowledge it is not the actual card that is causing the error. I have tried a couple of different extra cards that I have and get the same error.

I have taken the card out, tried to clean the contacts of the card port I also trie to blow air in there to get rid of any dirt that might have gotten in that area.

Has anyone ran into this before? If so, is it fixable? If you fixed it then what did you do to fix it?.

I know the simple thing would be to get another camera. God knows I could use one.

deleted_user_

Any bended contact in the port ?

flipd1

I don't think so because the card fits in there. Now with that said I guess I need to look a little closer.

jimmybobsa

I have seen this error before somewehere on a forum. The error was a bended contact, but could only be seen with a magnifying glass and flashlight. It was bendend just a little bit, but enough to give the error. Maybe you can check again real close ?

- I know the simple thing would be to get another camera. God knows I could use one.
With your awesome pictures, you deserve a new one :)