flipd1

I am in the market for a new camera. Any suggestions as to what to look for? Features specifically. I am a Canon guy so maybe keep that in mind.

jimmybobsa

I guess it depends also on your shooting style and budget. Moving objects ( birding/sports and such ), or more stills and landscape ?
Even maybe consider if your lenses are EF, or EF-S lenses and if you want to invest in those as well.

bjosted

A Canon 7D cant be a wrong choise. Fast, and that helps a lot during bracket shoting. It will also be a great camera for your horse images as well. It makes "good" enough on high ISO , it would be my nr 1 on the list, I have a 50D and are also very happy with that. If high ISO is your nr 1, then you have to look at 5D mark III. Cost about twice the price of 7D. My son just bought a second hand 7D, and payed about 750 $

arnie58

Check out the Pentax K5. It has been discontinued but Adorama still has a few for $820.00. It has a fast fps, great dynamic range, weather and water resistant, shoots DNG, and has quite a wide AEB range. The new model is the Pentax K5II for around $1150.00.