junglejennifer

Do I buy the Canon 6D or the Mark iii? I am leaning toward the 6D as I will be able to afford it sooner then the Mark iii.

Any input on these which is better? I've done some research and found them not that different except the price tag. Any other suggestions on Canon camera's?????

Or should I concentrate on a new lens and forgot the camera body.
I currently have the little Canon EOS SX. Noise is awful and speed lags some.

Thanks for your time.
Jennifer

flipd1

Hey JJ, I am in the same boat bu my choices are Canon 60D and the Canon T3I. I am leaning toward the 60 D based on feedback from Randy.

laslee

I would jump at the 6D..its the new kid on the block and its awesome!!

pandarino

Today JJ, you have shown that with a Canon sx (10Mpixel) in "Phantom sunset over Sunflower Fields", you can get a great hdr. There is no need, ihmo, the top of camera.

sanz3jo

I recommend you to do a compare of both cameras on this sites: snapsort.com or dpreview.com, I was thinking to move on and buy a new camera also, my option was an Olympus OM-D E-M5 (micro four thirds) because I can use my four thirds lens with and adapter but this camera only allow me to have an exposure compensation from -3 to +3 at 1 EV steps and the less ISO is 200 so for doing HDR I think is not the best, I think to stay with my old Olympus E-420 that allow me a exposure compensation from -5 to +5 and also considering that I've already bought 4 lenses maybe will buy and Olympus E-5, E30 or E620 I have not decided yet.

junglejennifer

Thanks for the suggestions and feedback. flipd1 compared the T3i to the 60D, not bad camera's. I've used an older 60D in the past and hated it. But the new ones look pretty good. HDR video and other features are top notch.
I am trying to go professional. Can I do that with a 6D? Well I will always have photoshop and raw to help me.
Thanks again all.

inkslinger

I would say the 5d Mk III JJ......but with a full frame sensor you may very well have to change lenses. I have upgraded to the 5d Mk II with 'L' series lenses (3) ....What a difference though...just got to get my processing etc in order now.....

laslee

6D is a full frame and has a dedicated HDR function, I have had a go on one and am now extremely envious of you in the fact that you could have one!!!! Sob Sob......

rrr

Buy the best lenses you can.

sanz3jo

After all I will buy the new Olympus OMD EM-1, I like what I see in it and the best is that is a M4/3 but allow me to use my 4/3 lenses without problem, maybe by December I will have it in my hand.